HAPPY LABOR DAY
LABOR DAY HOURS: 7, 8 & 9 AM ONLY
“PARTNER DECK OF CARDS”
Each couple will have a deck of cards of their own. Both partners will complete all exercises for all cards. All face cards equal 10 reps. All aces are a 200m run. No jokers. Have fun!!!
CLUBS: Sit Ups
SPADES: Hand Release Push Ups
HEARTS: Goblet Squats
DIAMONDS: Pull Ups
Athlete Spotlight on Kayla Roche
1. Name and “board name” (or what should your board name be)? What are your stats (optional)?
2. Where did you grow up? Where do you live now?
I grew up in Commack and still live there with my parents. I am hoping to move out soon though!
3. What do you do for a living?
I am the Field Marketing Manager for the beverage company Purity Organic.
4. When did you become part of the Diamond family and why did you join?
I joined 3 summers ago when a friend told me I had to try out Crossfit and I was immediately addicted.
5. What was your athletic background before joining CFD?
I have been playing soccer since I was only 3 years old and played my four years while I was away at college.
6. What is your favorite wod/exercise?
I like any WOD that involves running and some of my favorites are the ones that also make me really sore the next day!
7. What is your least favorite wod/exercise?
I will always hate burpees.
8. What is your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment at CFD?
Anytime I get a new personal best on any of my lifts, one of the best feelings was when I jumped fifty pounds in my backsquat in only a matter of two months.
9. What goal(s) are you looking to accomplish?
I just want to stay fit and healthy. I when I am unable to workout for a day.
10. What are your hobbies and interests outside of CFD?
I still like to play soccer, run, cook, travel and hangout with my friends and family.
11. What is something that we may not know about you?
I lived in Italy for four months my junior year of college and it was the greatest experience of my life.
12. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Ice cream, brownies, cookies and anything sweet are my weakness.
13. What is some advice or encouragement for someone just starting CFD or thinking of starting?
If you’re thinking of joining you should! It’s a great fun way to workout and there is no better feeling then completing a WOD for the day.
Saturday: 8:30 & 9:30 am (11:00 am OLY only)
Sunday: 8:30 & 9:30 am
*Labor Day hours will be 7am, 8am, & 9am
As many of you know, Lauren’s sister as well as Jay’s dear friend, is going through a very tough medical struggle right now. Here is the link which provides more information as well as an opportunity to help out.
WOD (Part 1):
Wave B: Back Squat
80% x 3
85% x 3
90% x 3
WOD (Part 2):
15 Min AMRAP
20 Double Unders (Modification is either “attempts” or 10 Burpees)
15 Wall Balls 20lb/14lb (Games Standard as usual – pick the appropriate weight.)
10 Knees to Elbows (not triceps)
*Yeah…you may think I’m tough. But, I really just expect your best