Athlete Spotlight on Daniel Lowe
- Name and “board name” (or what should your board name be)? What are your stats (optional)? Danny Lowe “DLowe” is the board name.
- Where did you grow up? Where do you live now? Amityville.
- What do you do for a living? Estimating Manager at an Architectural Woodworking company based out of Amityville.
- When did you become part of the Diamond family and why did you join? A few years ago. The Egglingers talked me into trying it one night at the bulldog. I was fat, lazy, and a smoker, needed to make some life changes. I can’t say that I’m skinny just yet, but I quit smoking more than a year ago. Obviously because it’s terrible, but it also made CrossFit a lot harder.
- What was your athletic background before joining CFD? I played soccer from 3 years old through College. I also ski, play golf, softball, beach volleyball, bowling. I dabbled in almost every sport throughout the years.
- What is your favorite wod/exercise? Don’t have one in particular. I Like being surprised when I walk in. (I never check the WOD the night before, unlike some of my fellow 5am’ers)
- What is your least favorite wod/exercise? Overhead squats, pistols, and the new bikes.
- What is your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment at CFD? Everything hanging on the bar. Pull-ups, C2B, T2B, K2E. I could barely do a pull-up when I started, now I’m trying to figure out how to butterfly. Knowing how much I have progressed since I’ve joined is very rewarding.
- What goal(s) are you looking to accomplish? Lose a little weight, get in better shape, and get a MUSCLE UP.
- What are your hobbies and interests outside of CFD? Family, Beach, Boating, big Liverpool FC fan.
- What is something that we may not know about you? I have to trim my eyebrow(s) more often than any person should have too.
- What is your favorite cheat meal? Cookies, I don’t even chew them, I just inhale them.
- What is some advice or encouragement for someone just starting CFD or thinking of starting? I was never able to push myself anywhere close to this hard in a regular gym. I enjoy coming in and knowing that I have to do what’s on the board. No excuses, maybe just some modifications if need be. It’s one of the most rewarding and enjoyable workout’s. The results come quickly if you are consistent, but can leave quickly if you get lazy and don’t show up. For a new member, the best part is you can modify everything until you are comfortable pushing yourself to the next level or weight. Nobody is judging, everyone is here to better themselves.
Welcome our Newest Diamond Baby!!!
Keegan Robert Doerner
7lb 12oz 21 inches
Happy 4th of July Diamonders!!!
Holiday Weekend Schedule
Saturday: 8:30 & 9:30 AM
Sunday: 8:30 & 9:30 AM
Monday: 8:00 AM
Here is our Jaxx at her
CrossFit Level 1 Certification Course this past weekend…